Philip Cheang 🚀 (@_phi)

MNL, PH 🇵🇭 / the internet

The below is an off-site archive of all tweets posted by @_phi ever

October 23rd, 2013

@nojlamoliva please click the email link at phi.ph — ayoko i-post kasi makikita ng mga spam-bot.

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to nojlamoliva

modernscientist Just discovered. Annoyed. RT @ClarkGoble: @drdrang Apple dropped Applescript support on nearly all their apps today. bit.ly/1gDNT6D

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 9:18 PM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

datagovph Hi. This is the official Twitter account of data.gov.ph, the upcoming nat’l data portal of @govph. It will be launched on Nov 26.

via Hootsuite (retweeted on 7:39 PM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

@nojlamoliva yup, I did most of the design and front-end views. @pleasantprog did the back-end and routing bits.

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to nojlamoliva

_mxms I feel bad for the icon designers at apple. Spend days on detail, and now the new icons are a gradient and a few squares.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:22 PM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

If you’re OC/love micromgmt games, beware Elevator Joe—itunes.apple.com/ph/app/elevato…B so much for working. I blame@RyanSumoopic.twitter.com/3rRhfBp9qxx

via Tweetbot for iOS

simX John Siracusa benchmarks Mavericks’ battery life on a 2013 MacBook Air at a whopping 30% improvement, to >15 hours. That truly is “obscene”

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 6:58 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

nokia So it seems like today is . Clearly didn’t get the memo… pic.twitter.com/mFZLhCf8ti

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 4:33 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

gruber Someone tell Richard Stallman the good news: OS X Mavericks, iLife, and iWork are all free software now.

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 4:04 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

DavidBHayter “Metal Gear Solid 4 holds the Guinness World Record for ‘Longest Cutscene in a Video Game’, at 71 min.”

That one was a throat-scorcher.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:59 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

MuscleNerd Potential iOS7 jailbreakers should stay away from today’s 7.0.3 for now. Too early to tell if it closes anything important for JB.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:59 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

humble Get @GoneHomeGame for 50% off! Available for Win/Mac/Linux, DRM-free + includes a Steam key! Sale ends in 1 day - humblebundle.com/store/gonehome…

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:40 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

That was a particularly good Keynote. Apple is doing fine without Steve. (and now, I should sleep.)

RonaldDragstra Add 4 legs underneath and you got yourself an iPad chAIR

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 2:24 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

That’s a damn bold ad for the iPad Air.

via Twееtbot for Mac

Retina on the iPad mini! and an A7 too! I guess there’s no reason for me to want the 9.7” iPad Air… Same performance, cheaper price.

via Twееtbot for Mac

Too true. :( RT @glencharles: Here son, use the iPad so that you won’t bug us during dinner and you won’t get bored.

obligatory Jony Ive video with his smooth-talking British voice

via Twееtbot for Mac

what. “iPad Air”? well, we’ve already got the “iPad mini”… so will we see an iPad Pro?

mantia Mavericks
Keynote
Pages
Numbers
iPhoto
iMovie
GarageBand

FREE.

via Twitterrific for Mac (retweeted on 2:07 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

@glencharles I thought it was scary how he was leaning outside the opening haha

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to glencharles

Sentry_NC All this ‘iPad is great’ talk must be referring to when they were on iOS 6.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:06 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

0xabad1dea No! Stop preparing short videos about the amazing ways that customers are embracing the iPad! Just tell me how much ram the new one has!!

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 2:06 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

dmartinng NETBOOKS

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 2:01 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

@kampao they did say it “works on Windows”, so I’d hope so. we’ll see later today

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to kampao

frkbmb Map, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ♻

via Tweetbot for iOS (retweeted on 1:58 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

So iWork for iCloud is doing the Google Apps collaboration play. We’ll see how this plays out.

…p..panel? Is this the end of the inspector? But I love the inspector! :(

via Twееtbot for Mac

FINALLY iWork updates! I’ve only been waiting for a new Keynote for like, 4 years

via Twееtbot for Mac

@dmartinng yup, I’m also referring to the Mac versions, but I guess I could be wrong. Well, we’ll see later today ;)

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to dmartinng

@dmartinng if you currently own it legit, I believe you get the updates for free.

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to dmartinng

I personally think GarageBand, iMovie, etc. for OS X/iOS are big technical+design achievements. No similar consumer-grade software elsewhere

via Twееtbot for Mac

oh god those icons are terrible

via Twееtbot for Mac

and I’m happy now, but I guess we’ve still got software and iPads to come!

via Twееtbot for Mac

@kampao which is why they’re doing it now (honestly, I’ve been thinking they should do that for a long while.) and probably moving forward

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to kampao

@glencharles kailan natin makukuha kaya? that’s another thing I’ve been waiting for a while haha

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to glencharles

@kampao fair enough. I think they figure not a lot of people are on 8.x at all though (besides new PCs), which is why they showed it

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to kampao

whooo I finally have a new laptop~

via Twееtbot for Mac

yay the retina macbooks are a bit cheaper <3 and available today!

sdw Neat new iWork icons (iPhoto, too). pic.twitter.com/BIuVNwdLAG

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:28 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

@glencharles mabilis naman Internet sa Ateneo eh. and there’re no classes so it should be fast haha

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to glencharles

@glencharles I don’t think you need it anymore :))

via Twееtbot for Mac in reply to glencharles

Also it’s available today. (Can I say, this is much better handled than the Win 8.1 upgrade…)

via Twееtbot for Mac

Mavericks is FREE. Wow. I mean, wow! (this is one welcome change from the world of iOS!)

via Twееtbot for Mac

iWork last updated in ’09. Every yr I see tiny new features/effects/transitions in Apple’s slides, and wonder when I’ll see a Keynote update

HEY I SEE NEW ICONS FOR IWORK. NEW KEYNOTE PLZ

via Twееtbot for Mac

Running Mavericks on a production laptop since GM, I can affirm Apple’s claims. It’s great! (now please give me a new laptop to run it with)

via Twееtbot for Mac

jasonlong There some really original and innovative design work going on in the productivity app space. pic.twitter.com/GOFacgy8Dq

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:27 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)

tim_cook Can’t wait to get underway. Having fun backstage.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 12:26 AM, Oct 23rd, 2013 via Twееtbot for Mac)